Friday, January 30, 2009

Week 9, Thing 23

The end

Well, it is few days before the final deadline and I am only finishing up now. But it is good to be done. I know that I have learned a lot. I knew about some Web 2.0 tools before this started but I have learned about more.

My use of some has been sporadic over time. I can see the potential for using delicious more and I still use it to bookmark rather than using IE but I haven't spent much time setting it up and organizing it more which I think would make it more useful.

I let my RSS feeds build up to levels where they were ridiculously high. This week I discovered a tool that will help even more with RSS feeds: Tabbloid. This service allows you to receive blog posts in a newsletter format. I signed up with a Friday morning delivery so I got my first full issue this morning.

I love it. I signed up with some cataloging blogs that I have been meaning to keep up with and I got a 12 page pdf. I was able to read through it online or I could print out to read offline. While reading online I found that I could click on an "article" or a blog post and be taken directly to that blog for more information or to read the whole post (I might need to check a setting).

And it is really easy to set up. You enter the URLs of the blogs you want to follow. You enter your email and when you want your summary delivered. You get an sample posting and then you get them. It is easy to drop the blogs you don't want to follow. This seems like it will allow me to keep up with the blogs better. So I can go to Bloglines now and unsubscribe there to the ones that were clogging it up because I never checked it.

So try Tabbloid at www.tabloid.com for yourself.

So from this I know that I will continue to learn and continue to find new things to use and try out. I hope that I can find good ways to share them with others.

Another aspect of the program, one that I did not expect, was in reading the blogs of others how they really love their jobs. We have a lot of dedicated people working here and sometimes we forgot it. It has been enjoyable to read through the blog entries (yes, someone has :)) and to learn about others, what they have learned and more about what they do.

No comments: