Monday, January 26, 2009

Week 8, Thing 19

From Recipes for Success I chose a game site:
Tutpup

This has educational games for kids. They can do math problems or spelling -- racing against the clock and playing against other kids around the world. It seems to be a British site from the language (maths instead of math for instance). You can play as a guest or you can create an account.

It is neat idea however as a not very competitive person, or at least one who doesn't like speed games I would like it better if they had options which allowed you to compete against the clock OR against a person. Or just do the problems without either one. But then maybe it wouldn't be a game. But I like Free Rice which is a word game where you play against yourself (the words get harder the more you get right) -- and contribute rice (supposedly) to fight world hunger.

in TutPup I do like that you can log in and do this so you can play against people (other kids probably) around the world. That is a really neat thing about this technology that you couldn't do with other things. I didn't explore enough to find out if you can talk to other kids. There could be good and bad things about that.

I might ask my daughter if she wants to play but I don't think she likes the whole speed or beating others (unless she wins) so it might not be a good thing for now.

No comments: