Monday, January 26, 2009

Week 9, Thing 20

YouTube.

True confessions time. For the longest time I heard about this site and presumed it was Utube. After all, isn't everything on the web, particularly web 2.0 with abbreviations? Duh.

But I soon learned the error of my ways. Utube is probably taken anyhow.

I have used YouTube on and off over the past few years. Usually as a way to play. It is fun. It is a great tool for that.

I searched for, what else? poppy seeds. I found a poppy seed bread video produced for Taste of Home by Associate Foods. I wouldn't make it (only 1 1/2 tbs of poppy seeds between two loaves, who are you kidding?) but it was short and too the point and they even provide a full recipe. Seems like a good marketing tool. And being able to watch what someone is doing is great when looking at cooking.

Oooh, King Arthur Flour YouTube posts. I love it. Particulary useful for bread making.

So what can we do with @ the library? Of course we can use it, and we do, to promote programs. Lots of SRC stuff I see. The Spanish class made a video! But I do wonder what else we could do.

Perhaps we'll come up with some innnovative ideas.

20 down and 4 more to girl -- the end is in sight. Thank goodness as I have less than week to go.

No comments: