Thursday, September 25, 2008

Week 4, thing 8

I learned about RSS feeds a while back from Michael Sauers's workshop. I set up feeds in Bloglines. I checked them occasionally. I forgot my password and didn't check them -- oh boy too many feeds, too much to read -- set them all to read and they all go away.

With the O! What a Geek program I rediscovered my password and restarted using the RSS feeds. I have some good ones already set up -- various blogs that connect with library things from cataloging & tech services issues to those to do with the Think Tank and future thinking. And then some for fun --with cooking & knitting. There is great information there!

I also have subscribed to several co-worker's blogs through Blogger and will use that as a way of keeping up with what they are doing.

Now I just need to keep checking in on Bloglines so the to read feeds isn't overwhelming.

No comments: