Friday, September 12, 2008

Week 2

Creating a blog! When I first learned how to do this I was nervous and uncertain about it. Now I have way too many blogs (okay most of them are work related but still) and feel pretty comfortable doing this.

I have found it easy to blog about things and have enjoyed experimenting with how to use this tool. The first blog I set up was to be to communicate with my far-flung family and was an attempt to not write 4 or more different emails to parents, brother and in-laws (parents, sisters and brother). But I couldn't get the parents using it so I kind of abandoned it (and it is strictly private, invite-only).

My father and I both love to cook and it occurred to me to start a recipe blog. We both post recipes to this blog, periodically. I know that some OPL staff have taken a look and loved his Lamb in Mother Sauce (Mother Sauce was originally used for chicken the lamb idea is his -- BTW he lives in Australia where lamb is plentiful and cheap).

Then it was suggested to start a cookbook blog for our OPL cookbooks so I played around with that. I am hoping to get other staff involved and interested in this. I have to work on getting the images and PURLs for the cookbooks in HIP but that might have to wait until after O! What a Geek is completed.

No comments: