Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Week 1

When I was getting things ready for O What a Geek I realised that I really didn't have a clue what was happening the first week of the program. I was surprised to discover the introduction was on lifelong learning. What a great idea. Isn't that one of the things the library's are all about, after all?

Most of us learn a lot at our jobs, every day. Some of it is fun, some of it is unavoidable. I can now spell Ha Noi in Vietnamese after working on 50 books in Vietnamese yesterday and today. (It uses the Roman alphabet but has lots of diacritics and accents which I won't try and duplicate here but check out the catalog under Vietnamese Language materials in a few days and you'll see!)

It is nice to set aside some time to just learn each day. It seems like a good break from everything else.

No comments: