Monday, October 20, 2008

Week 6, Thing 14

Technorati revisited
My theme continues -- still not a convert. Maybe it is that I am not convinced of the usefulness of the blogosphere. I do enjoy blogs and I have found using RSS feeds and bloglines a useful way to keep up with blogs (note to self, remember to check bloglines feeds!).

And blogs are becoming an increasingly useful way to keep up with all sorts of things but Technorati does not do it for me. I found the blogs are very general in nature and the searching not very useful. I also found it difficult to go from the Technorati to the actual blog which seemed self defeating.

Unless the real aim is to keep you in the world of Technorati and to create a kind of sub world there. Which seems contrary to much of the web. I prefer interconnectedness. I appreciate things that make it easier to navigate the internet but I am not convinced of the usefulness of Rollyo or Technorati.

Perhaps it also has to do with these being older tools that were first part of the Learning 2.0 program in 2006 but now in 2008 they are dated and have not adapted enough to what is going on now. It is good to know that there are options to search in different ways but I won't be going to back to Technorati any time soon.

No comments: