Monday, October 20, 2008

Week 5, Thing 12

Rollyo -- well I have been avoiding this one. It just doesn't interest me that much. I am not sure I see the use of it. But maybe if I actually try it out I'll feel differently.

Well, I set up a simple Rollyo search for cooking -- searching both Epicurious and Vegetarian Times, the two sites I am most likely to search if I am looking for a recipe. The problem I had was first you had to enter the web address -- which means you have to find it, then copy and paste. Ugh --I'd rather use bookmarks and search each site myself. I usually know which site is more likely to have what I want.

Then when you perform a search you get lots of duplicated and plenty of ads sprinkled in your search results. It is worse than Google!

Obviously I am not a fan. Maybe if I was doing more public service I would want to use this but it seems like there are other ways to achieve the same thing that take less work.

No comments: